Comprehensive hearing assessment provided by a certified clinical audiologist. We provide a comprehensive assessment of outer, middle, and inner ear function.
- Otoscopic Examination
- Inspection of the outer ear to assess wax build-up, infection, and abnormalities of ear canal and eardrum.
- Audiological Assessment
- Evaluations include measures of hearing sensitivity of air and bone conducted sounds and measures of speech discrimination ability.
- Middle Ear Assessment (Tympanometry)
- Tympanometry - assesses how well the eardrum is moving to asses if there is fluid or other middle ear related disorders.
- Acoustic Reflex Threshold – assesses the integrity of the auditory and facial nerves by presenting beeps into the ear and measuring the contraction of the stapedial muscle in response to those beeps.
- Inner ear Assessment (Otoacoustic Emission Testing)
- Sounds are presented into the ear and a tiny microphone measures responses from outer hair cells located in the inner ear.
Hearing Aid Evaluation/Real Ear Measurement
With our real ear measurement system, we can now measure and record the actual performance of your hearing aids while they are in your ears. This computer analysis helps us to verify that your hearing aid prescription is precisely matched to your individual requirements.
Hearing Aid Dispensing and Service
Orange County Physicians Hearing Services offers a wide variety of hearing instruments featuring the latest technology. Our staff emphasizes ongoing cleaning and maintenance after your hearing aid purchase to insure you receive optimum performance and benefit from your hearing aids. Repairs are provided on all makes and models.
Hearing Aid Accessories
Hearing aid batteries, custom-made ear molds, swim plugs, noise protectors, and items for the care and maintenance of your hearing aids are always available. We also provide information on available assistive listening devices such as audio induction loops, infrared systems and FM modulated systems, as well as TV listening devices and telephone amplifiers.
We provide videonystagmography (VNG) assessments to evaluate central and peripheral function of the balance system. A VNG appointment takes approximately 2 hours and specific instructions will be provided when the assessment is recommended and scheduled.